Take some time now to answer the following questions. Please note that the IRIS Center does not collect your Assessment responses. If this is a course assignment, you should turn them in to your professor using whatever method he or she requires. If you have trouble answering any of the questions, go back and review the Perspectives & Resources pages in this Module.
- List and describe the six main features of RTI.
- What are the two types of assessment used in RTI? Briefly describe the purpose of each.
- Imagine you are a 2nd-grade mathematics teacher. You have just administered a CBM computation probe to your class for week 4. You need to determine whether Bob is making adequate progress. To do so, you must:
- Determine Bob’s score using digits correct
- Graph this score along with Bob’s data for the last three weeks
- Calculate Bob’s performance level
- Calculate Bob’s rate of growth
- Below are links to progress monitoring criteria and graphs for three students. View each student’s graph. Based on the data:
- Calculate the student’s performance level.
- Calculate the student’s rate of growth.
- Make an instructional decision and explain your answer.
- Student 1 (core instruction)
- Student 2 (supplemental intervention)
- Student 3 (intensive, individualized intervention)
- How can school personnel monitor fidelity of implementation of the main RTI components? How can they respond if a teacher is not implementing with fidelity?